Word 2007/2010 sometimes causes Pathagoras (and other add-ins) to stop working for no apparent reason.
There are two classic indicators that Pathagoras has stopped running in Word2007/2010:
•You don't see the Pathagoras tab. Pathagoras has 'disappeared.'
•You see one of the following error messages:
Whether Pathagoras has 'disappeared' or is simply 'partially' running (you see the 'Pathagoras' tab, but you get one of the above error messages) it usually is a simple matter of reminding Word that Pathagoras really does exist.
Here are the steps for Word2007/2010 installations. (If you have an earlier version of Word, click here for the reconnect steps.)
1.Go to the Word Options screen (its just called "Options" in 2010) and click the 'Add-Ins' item in the left panel.
Figure 1. The Word Options Screen. The Add-ins button is the 7th item down at the left.
2. After you click the Add-Ins button, the View and manage Microsoft Office Add-ins screen will appear. You should see a screen similar to Figure 2 below.
Figure 2. The 'View and manage Microsoft Office add-ins' Screen.
3. At the bottom, where the "Manage:" list is maintained, select "Word Add-ins" and then press the <Go...> button. You should see a screen similar to Figure 3 below.
(If after pressing the <Go. . .> button, Pathagoras does not appear in the list of Add-ins, proceed to step 5).
Figure 3. The 'Templates and Add-ins' Screen
4. Check the Pathagoras.dot box if not checked.
5. Check the Pathagoras2007.dot box if present. (Both boxes, if present, must be checked.)
6. If you do not see Pathagoras in the above screens, return to the 'View and Manage Microsoft Add-ins' page (Figure 2) and select the "Disabled Add-ins" from the "Manage" list (at the bottom of the screen). Activate Pathagoras. You may be advised that Pathagoras is disabled because is 'misbehaved' in the last session. Click <OK> to activate Pathagoras again.
(If you are using Word 2003 or prior, click here for the instructions on restoring the toolbar.)