'Document Management' is the process of storing and tracking documents. Pathagoras offers document management tools through its 'PathSmart' and 'SaveSmart' modules.
- Assign any folder on your computer to a number (1-12). Access any folders on your computer or across your network with the assigned number. Twelve path assignments can be made per profile.
- Give your folders "nicknames" to make remembering what you stored there a lot easier.
- Create unlimited profiles per license on a single computer. Each user can have his or her own "setup" and a single user can have multiple setups. Only your imagination limits how Pathagoras can serve you.
- Instantly activate any folder (no matter how far away it is in the directory tree) with a simple "double click" of the mouse.
- Pre-filter the files you want to see before the directory is displayed. The speed is many times faster than the same function in Word. Exclusive filter feature will also 'peel-back' an over-specific filter.
E.g., if you are searching for a client whose you think begins with "Andr*" (Andrews?), ask for listing starting with "Andr". If Pathagoras finds no files beginning with those letters, Pathagoras will ask if you want to peel back the search to "And*" files (Anderson, Andover). If none, then Pathagoras offers "An*" files, etc .
- Pre-select types of files you want to see (*.doc, *.dot, *.text, etc.) before the directory is displayed.
- Instant open feature: if you know the name of the file and its SmartPath number, just type it into the screen. Pathagoras will find and open it for you. No need to navigate to a folder or scroll down a list of files.
- Highlight text, and create a new document using only the selected text.
Despite all of the features that Pathagoras makes available, all of them are optional. All Word® functions remain intact. Your system looks and operates the same as it did before Pathagoras.
- Instantly save documents to any folder using the assigned PathSmart number or nickname.
- Instantly move an open document to another folder. (Without this feature, you would have to 'Save As' the document to the new folder and then locate the original document via Explorer and then delete it.
- Instantly delete the document that is displayed on the editing screen. (Without this feature, you would have to close the document, locate it again via Explorer and then delete it.)
- Instantly open the folder containing the active document.
- Create default 'document saving' rules. You can teach Pathagoras to detect whether a document is a letter, a pleading, a contract or a memo, and assign a uniform naming style to the document based on its type.