As stated in the previous screen, the settings for Instant Database processing is practically infinite. Here are even more that are available behind the "Other Settings/Actions" screen:
1. 'Exclude' characters:You can tell Pathagoras to ignore as a variable any bracketed text that begins with a designated character set.
2. 'Ignore Format' character: You can tell Pathagoras to replace a variable exactly as typed. (Use when you don't want Pathagoras to covert a variable to ALL CAPS or all lower case when the variable within the document text is written as such.)
3. 'Don't Save' character: A variable written [-Date-] or [-Name of Document-] will be replaced with the designated replacement, but the replacement value will not be saved with the other terms in the record. Look at this as a 'temporary' variable.
4. Maximum width of variables: Designate the default maximum width which Pathagoras will 'automatically see' a bracketed set of word as a variable. If longer, Pathagoras will Ask if you want to process it as a variable. Check the box and any bracketed text longer than 60 (or whatever) will be ignored.
5. 'Tree Service": Check this box to direct Pathagoras to store your data records in sub-folders. Designed for use in offices where there are 'primary' clients (e.g., a creditor), and many files associated with that client (customers against whom collection efforts are being pursued.).
6. 'Allow appending of Data Records': You can select one record, append a set of related data to that record and end up with an augmented 'third' data set. An advanced function, but it allows you to have a 'header' record of standard client data, and then any number of secondary records for specific matters. When used, the augmented record can be saved, but is it probably best if it is not. (No need to re-save -- and possibly have to edit -- duplicated information.
7. Delete 'Last 9 records; List: Delete the 'above the line' listing of records, which typically show the last 9 recalled data records. (Only the listing is deleted, not the records.)
8. 'Print': If you want to immediately proceed to printing after the Instant Database record is processed, check this box. Not a recommended setting for most offices.