Figure 1. The initial Term Works! screen.
Let’s first take a brief tour of the major screen elements. Although a bit busy, it provides a substantial amount of information and options in a small area. All screen elements are functional and useful.
The upper part of the Term Works! screen reflects, sets, or allows you to manipulate, the boundaries of the text you wish to save.
(1) shows the first and the last words of the text.
(2) allows you to adjust the scope of the highlighted section of text. (Note the two up/down arrow sets, one for the start point of the highlight, the other for the end point. The <More> button, when clicked exposed ‘left’ and ‘right’ adjusting arrows to even further refine the selection.)
(3) Allow you to scroll the editing screen up and down without leaving the Term Works! screen
(4) allows you to set 'Break Point' criteria to enable Pathagoras to automatically identify successive sections of text for manipulation. (The "Break Point" field is discussed below.)
(5) Allows you to highlight the First and then subsequent sections of text that meets the criteria set in (4) below.
The middle section:
(6) provides space for naming the term and giving it a subject;
(7), (8) & (9) allows you to select the 'target' book into which you want to create a new term based on the highlighted text.
Typically, the 'green' button will read 'Position 1 Book,' reflecting the book occupying position one of the current library. If the term you are saving is named following the 'prefix/suffix' style, and if the prefix is registered, ‘Position 1 Book' (button 7) will be replaced with the book associated with the prefix. See Figure 7 below, and the text surrounding Figure 7.
The <Other Book> button (#8) takes you to another screen were you can direct Pathagoras to save the text in (a) one or more books from the current library, (b) the SuperGlossary (if assigned), (c) the SuperFolder (if assigned) or (c) the same folder in which the underlying document has been saved.
(Note that you can also click "Save As" (9) and move text into a folder 'free-style' and without book restrictions.);
The lower section of the screen is primarily informational.
(10) Advises you of the name of the book that occupies 'position 1' in your current ('default') library. (The 'Position 1' book is reflected in the 'green' button in most cases. See below for the exception. This makes adding to the 'Position 1' book that much faster.
(11) lists the last 10 clauses that you saved. (Click on any name in the list and the selected item is copies into the Name box. Edit as appropriate.)
(12) resets the screen to allow you to take advantage of TermWorks! automated Bulk Add markup tools discussed and illustrated in the separate Document Disassembly pamphlet.